Purpose of this role is to effectively supervise marine barging and dredging operations and recovery from breakdowns to maximise availability of wharves and barges in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Supervise the day to day operations of the barges and ancillary vessels through frequent liaison with barge controllers and barge crews.
- Ensure compliance to marine off shore dumping in sectors as per geotechnical advice.
- Supervise the day to day operations for safe working conditions on barges and marine work areas.
- Develop practical barge dump plans, driven from the mining dig plan that meets short, medium and long term production requirements.
- Compliance to instructions for safety, timely and effective achievement of daily marine targets - focusing on both reducing wait times for trucks to dump into barges and cycle time of barges.
- Ensuring compliance with company’s safety and environmental policies procedures.
- Ensure that there is a culture of open communication within all levels and that all employees and contractors comply with company’s policies and procedures.
- Review and evaluate direct reports in accordance with company’s WPS’s process by providing individual performance feedback, giving guidance and direction, developing and agreeing on improvement plans.
- Provide coaching, counselling and administer discipline to section employees where necessary in accordance with company’s policy and to lead & encourage positive safety behaviours.
- Supervision & leadership skills, preferably 3+ years’ experience
- NMSA qualifications-Mate Class 3/Engineer Class 3 or above.
- Knowledge of NMSA legislation & MRA legislation
- At least 5+ years’ experience in marine operations preferably with split hopper barge operations.
- Have 5+ years working in a mining operation
- Worked in Safety management and awareness programs.
- Good computer skills with Class 6 current driver’s license
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Tok-Pisin