Our client is a global food/FMCG manufacturer and a common household name, with 16 out of 40 of their brands being market leaders. The site in Purfleet is now looking to take on 6 technical operators to work on a 4/4 shift pattern.
Technical operators are required to operate, maintain, improve and repair equipment. They will be intrinsic in the smooth running of operations on site and will support the delivery of operational KPI’s. The role will require you to champion specific skills, driving excellent standards of production delivery and continuous improvement while maintaining a safe working environment.
Technical Operator – Responsibilities
- Development and application of technical skills to operate, maintain, improve and repair equipment
- Understanding the principles and applications of pneumatics along with the principles of mechanisms and motion involved in production.
- Basic electrical knowledge – lockout/tag out and isolation procedures, fault location, testing and verification of sensors.
- Coaching of others to facilitate knowledge sharing and maintaining high levels of technical competence within the teams.
Technical Operator – Key skills
- Maintenance or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering background (minimum NVQ level 3)
- Core engineering skills – maintenance, bench fitting and/or machinery.
- Experience working within the manufacturing sector.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- £29,409 + annual salary (dependant on skills and experience)
- £7K shift allowance
- 4/4 shift work
- Bonus based on factory performance
- BUPA healthcare