A leading chemical services company is looking to recruit a technical service chemist to be based at a refinery in the North West on an initial 12 month contract. The ideal candidate will provide technical and physical support services to an existing onsite team.
The duties of the role will include analytical testing on chemical treatment programs across the refinery, maintenance of the chemical dosing equipment and analysers, optimisation of the applications, weekly and monthly reports.
- Supports sales and service efforts to new and existing customers
- Alter product dosage rates and / or changes product applications in order to meet customer defined objectives.
- Troubleshoots and corrects systems that are out of the customer provided specifications
- Meets with customers for schedules or ad hoc reviews of treatment program status.
- Conduct chemical analysis testing and interpretation of results
- Undertake risk assessments
- Preparation of chemical test reports
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Train and develop other members of the team
- Participate in customer meetings when required
- Manage projects allocated effectively and efficiently
- Provide technical support to a wide range of parties (internal and external)
- Provide full reports in relation to project updates, results and recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with all HSE requirements and risk assessments
- Prepare test reports and communicate those reports in person, in writing, over the phone and via presentations as required
- Assist with the maintenance of equipment and updating of procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent.
- Experience of undertaking scientific projects and research based in the oil, Scientific or chemical industry (potentially gained over a period of 6+ years)
- Experience of working within a laboratory performing chemical tests and analysis
- Experience in interpreting chemical test results.
- Experience of working in refining or working in petrochemical / water treatment / wastewater treatment industry would be beneficial
- Experience of providing quality analysis and recommendations
- Experience of preparing chemical recommendation reports
- Experience in chemical handling