Technical Writer III
|Job Title:||Technical Writer III|
|Location:||Houston, United States|
|Contact Name:||Mariana Molina|
|Job Published:||January 18, 2018 19:49|
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: February 2018- December 2018
Large operator is looking to add a technical writer in their Houston, Texas office. Currently, they have 6 technical writers in the Houston office with one other working off-site. The position is open due to the amount of workload that was given for the upcoming years and how one of the writers moved out of state for a different opportunity. With the last two months, the team has been running with one less person and therefore made it difficult for the team to be on track throughout the year. On average, the team will help develop and revise over 250 documents per year within the operator’s online library.
• The Technical Writer assists Subject Matter Experts in developing written engineering information regarding the design, use and support of equipment for gas, oil and water processing facilities.
• Day to Day for this position- documents are needed to be refreshed and renewed, mainly of engineering documents on how to design a certain piece of equipment such as a pipe, valves, etc. The writer/editor will look over each document to verify and make sure everything is accurate. Some documents will need to be created with specifications and guidelines. On average, 80% of the documents are mostly revisions that you will verify/check over the material.
• Outputs include a range of documents to be read and used by both technical and nontechnical personnel supporting those facilities.
• Scope of Work Examples: Technical specifications, technical guidelines, engineering drawings, engineering datasheets and datasheet guides. Coordinates design and writing of technical documentation.
• Delivers written documentation from draft to finalized form within an electronic documentation database and development system. Will also edit written material for format, spelling, grammar, and clarity.
• Responds to general questions about language, writing and writing tools ; Maintains Chevron policy compliance and branding requirements (e.g., copyright, trademark usage).
• At least five years of experience in Microsoft Word. Examples include creating templates, patterns, creating table of contents, etc.
• At least 2-3 years of experience in Excel- examples include creating tables, basic illustration, etc. At least 2-3 years of experience in SharePoint- does not need to be an expert but familiarity is a must have.
• Communication skills are very important. This person will need to schedule meetings for each author regarding their documents to go over the material. The technical writers in this team are not sitting behind a desk all day. They communicate with various experts to go over each document before revising it in the system.
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Experience in Visio. Some documents will have diagrams and at times, the team might have to redraw the designs.
• There is no upper limit on level of education for the position, but often the writers will have some college ranging from 2 to 4 years. Certifications (e.g., technical writing, software) are also not uncommon.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Process Control Engineer III
Baton Rouge, United States
Technical Training Advisor
$750 - $900 per day
Controls Systems Technical Sales Manager
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Customer Service Representative
Houston, United States
$75000 - $85000 per annum
Senior Engineer Technology