Location – Harvey, LA
Job Type – Full- time/ Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a growing Midstream Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Terminal Manager to be based in Harvey, Louisiana.
Manage the daily operations and customer service functions of a bulk liquid storage and handling terminal. Coordinate with customers and internal functional groups including EH&S, Procurement, HR, Engineering, Commercial and Accounting. Perform all work in accordance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory
- Effective and safe management of the operations and customer service functions including coordination and scheduling of job assignments, development and implementation of operating procedures, adherence to budgetary constraints, EH&S compliance and quality assurance.
- Actively participate and champion efforts to continuously improve the safety of operations including the safety committee, safety inspections, safety audits, compliance with policies and procedures, tailgate meetings, incident investigations, root cause analysis, completion of action items, safety incentive program, measurement of key performance indicators and the development of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Actively participate and champion efforts of the SQE process. Maintain and manage variance log.
- Effectively manage the quality control for responsible functional groups. This includes but is not limited to the clear definition of requirements; effective measurement for compliance; identification of non-conformances; development and implementation of corrective actions; the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain an effective workforce through performance management, hiring, salary administration, in-house training program, employee development, coaching and utilization of contract services.
- Effectively manage the training programs for responsible functional groups including operations, EH&S and SQE training programs. Coordinate with other functional groups (Training, EH&S) to achieve training goals. This includes development/update of procedures; development of power point presentations and training aids; scheduling of training; implementation of training and EDCs; maintenance of training records.
- Participate in the development of the operating and capital budgets and effectively manage operations consistent with budgetary goals. Develop and implement efficiency and cost saving initiatives.
- In conjunction with the continuous improvement process, personally conduct field and operational audits and MBWA to measure performance versus expectations. Identify gaps, root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Manage, lead and actively participate in the customer audit process, KM internal audit process and the Responsible Care process.
- Manage the Emergency Response Team function including training, routine meetings, exercises, drills, equipment, and procedures.
- Manage the terminal security function in conjunction with other functional groups. Obtain credentials for and fulfill duties of the AFSO.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with Federal, State, and Local Regulations
- Follow all Company Policies and Procedures
- Perform all job duties focusing in on Good Manufacturing Practices
- 5 – 7+ years related experience within terminals
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Industrial Science or other related field
- Applicable industry experience will be considered in lieu of bachelor's degree.
Experience and Specific knowledge:
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic with a minimum five (5) years demonstrated work experience as a Manager.
- Minimum of at least three (3) years of related work experience in industrial or maintenance work.
- Must possess working knowledge of liquid and/or dry bulk operations.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Must possess valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record that meets company standards.
- Ability to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card.
- Successful completion and passing of company pre-employment background check, drug screen and other related testing.
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effectively communicate, orally (face to face and by telephone) and in writing, in English with coworkers, contractors, government officials and Senior Management.
- Read and understand written material (in English), including use and understanding of basic numerical calculations.
- Ability to complete HAZ-MAT, DOT, Confined Space, and Lockout/Tag out training.
- Must be able to deal effectively with people and resolve conflicts and problems.
- Must possess management/supervisory skills and be able to effectively manage employees and contractors.
- Must possess well developed interpersonal skills to manage, lead, and direct personnel.
- Able to organize and prioritize multiple projects and makes adjustments quickly as needed.
- Able to analyze financial and cost data and develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to accept direction and work effectively & cooperatively with other people.
- Must have intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point).
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a leading Midstream Company who is driving forward increasingly specialised and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive competitive compensation package as well as a generous medical benefits, matching 401K, paid time off, and more. For more information on this opportunity, please contact Mishu Ullah.