Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our valued client is seeking a Turnaround Maintenance Coordinator. This is a camp based, fly in/fly out position with a rotation of 7 days on and 7 days off. During the Turnaround execution phase, the shift may entail a 21 day rotation. This role will start off based in Calgary for several months before going to site.
Reporting to the Turnaround Manager the Turnaround Maintenance Coordinator will provide inputs into planning and scheduling, directly manage the Area Coordinators, ,DSR's, and associated contractors using the Client Turnaround Planning Process (TAPP), utilizing its tools, processes and procedures. The successful Candidate will assist in plans for Turnaround maintenance activities, contract development, contract compliance, personnel development, leadership and mentorship within their respective team. Liaison with all site personnel to ensure that right work is being done at the right time using the right resources in the safest, most fiscally responsible and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with all other Department personnel to develop strategies, processes, procedures, work flows, practices and KPI's.
- Validate task lists in SAP for attachment to Turnaround work orders and scheduling in GWOS/STO. Validate plans and schedules of multi trade Turnaround maintenance and integrated capital project activities to be completed during the Turnaround window (PJP's)
- Validate Turnaround PJP's for action by turnaround execution resources including contractors.
- Strategically schedule all Turnaround work orders/task lists for the most efficient use of resources and time, leveraging all possible efficiencies.
- Adhere to the Client site Turnaround Planning Process.
- Validate all Material requirements for each job plan.
- Monitor and ensure a high standard of data integrity in SAP including the WBS/AFE structure, equipment master and material master data.
- Input to Client Procurement to develop the Turnaround Contracting strategy as well as work scopes for service contract RFP's, bid evaluation and awards.
- Working closely with HSE, Maintenance, operations, Asset Integrity and engineering personnel to set turnaround priorities, resolve execution issues and provide leadership in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Contribute to the construction and assembly of both the electronic and hard copy Turnaround manuals.
- Audit Turnaround work orders with proper coding and status updates.
- Provide support to engineering in developing estimates for project execution.
- Participate in cost tracking exercises.
- Preparation and assembly of the necessary documentation and drawings required to send equipment off site for repairs and holding vendors to strict guidelines regarding deliverables.
- Monitoring, updating and issuance of the daily turnaround schedule during the execution phase.
- Ensure the timely scheduling and execution of both pre and post turnaround trade activities.
- Participate in post turnaround review and lessons learned exercises.
Must Have Skills:
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Any Trade related engineering or technical certification
- Planning Certification.
- Minimum 10 years Trade Journeyman certificate Red Seal.
- Any of the following journeyman trade certifications (I.P. Standard); Instrumentation, electrical, Millwright, Pipefitting, Boilermaking and Welding
- Minimum 5 years' concurrent experience in a Turnaround Planning role
- Understanding of the job functions of the trades (Pipefitting, Instrumentation, Electrical, Millwrights, Scaffolding, Insulation, Welding)
- Experience in T/A Scheduling using Primavera or other T/A/ Project Scheduling Platforms
- Working Experience with SAP
- Experience with Prometheus GWOS or STO or other T/A software programs definite assets
- P&ID Reading capabilities
- 10 years in a Maintenance role in the oil and Gas or Wood industry
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point)
- Primavera P6 or other scheduling software
- GWOS - Graphical Work Order Scheduler (SAP)
- MS Project
- Livelink - (HDMS/DM)