Job DescriptionLooking for an Upstream Field Security Coordinator for a leading operator client to be based in Oman.
Only for Omani Nationals
- The Security Coordinator will support the Senior Security Advisor in managing all security elements of the Oman Project in the Interior throughout the Assess, Define, Execute and Operate phases of the project.
- To provide assurance and accountability to the Project that the risks to company assets, work sites, staff, information and reputation from security threats in the Interior are managed effectively and within acceptable limits.
- The FSC will be responsible for overseeing a mixture of security staff through various phases of the project including other company security staff plus 3rd party Contractor/Sub-Contractor security staff. This will involve line management of staff plus influencing and training of 3rd parties to continuously improve the security performance
- Support and implement the company security strategy and Contractors Security Requirements for mitigating security risks in the field
- Act as the security focal point between different functions in the field
- Build relationships and maintain close liaison with Royal Oman Police, military and other operating companies in the field.
- Conduct of Line of Defence audits and other required security assurance at site level.
- Support the Senior Security Advisor in developing Standard Operating Procedures and other plans/policies to deliver security and ensure full compliance with the Security requirements of the HSSE & SP Control Framework.
- Conduct security risk assessment activity and track the implementation of recommended control measures.
- Effectively manage/support the site level response to any security related incidents and ensure that corrective action is implemented.
- Support the management at site level in understanding and implementing their security accountabilities as stated within the HSSE & SP CF.
- Work with liaison officers to ensure that potential issues arising from operations are identified and the risks addressed
Required Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- An experienced security professional with a minimum of 8 years relevant security experience in either the private or public sector e.g. Royal Oman Police, military etc.
- Ability to balance risk, standards/requirements, and Business needs.
- Strong influencing skills across leadership and organisational boundaries.
- Ability to network across Functions as well as externally across Public and Private Security agencies at site level.
- Capable of producing high-quality written reports and security briefs.
- Self-propelling individual able to work in remote locations, displaying initiative, flexibility, efficiency, and tact and diplomacy to achieve agreed targets.
- Fluent in English & Arabic
- 2 weeks on 2 weeks off rotation
- Montlhy salary
- Working for a leading international client
- Focal point for multiple operations and projects