Job DescriptionJob Function
Assist with operation and maintenance of the High Pressure Pumping equipment and assist with operation and maintenance of all stimulation associated equipment onboard vessel.
- Operate the high pressure equipment as called for in the job design. This requires observing the pressures and rates during the operation.
- Responsible for shutting down the pumps to avoid an over pressure situation. Ensure trips are set to correct parameters and tested.
- Some operations of other types of equipment on board the vessel or at the port facilities as designated by Vessel Supervisor.
- Set up of equipment prior to operation and the monitoring of equipment during treatments.
- Transfer of chemicals as designated by Vessel Supervisor.
- Assist with loading and off-loading operations as designated by Vessel Supervisor.
- Learn and keep up-to-date with all required product (chemicals, etc.) information.
- Perform maintenance / repair of all assigned equipment. 9. Maintain high pressure equipment certificate in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure records are logged for all repairs and maintenance of equipment and maintenance system updated.
- All defective equipment is reported to Vessel Supervisor and ensure remedial action is taken to repair same.
- Provide training, guidance and advice to personnel working under their direction.
- Actively ensure own health and safety and the health and safety of all fellow workers or other workers is preserved at all times.
- Ensure full awareness of, and compliance with, the requirements of all relevant HSE handbooks, HSE procedures and emergency procedures.
- Perform to the Quality Standards set by our client.
- Responsible for up-keep and maintenance of Sandpiper Pumps and Associated Spares Inventory.
- Responsible for Housekeeping in Following Areas – Aft Acid Room, Aft Store and Winch Cab.
- Any other duties as assigned by Vessel Supervisor.
- Preferably 2+ years in last 5 years on vessels/offshore in Equipment Operator position.
- Evidence of O-Cap training or similar.
- Hold all relevant training certificates e.g., current UKOOA medical, STCW 95, offshore survival certificate.
- Ability to perform duties within difficult parameters and in a challenging environment in accordance with the QHSE systems, standard practices and statutory regulations.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate (or higher) ability with MS Word / Excel preferred.