Web Developer (Frontend / Backend)My client requires a Mid-Level Web Developer to join their well-established team. You will have good all-round skills and 30/70 frontend/backend balance need would be a good fit. Office-based, hands-on role. Projects will range from simple static websites to enterprise level B2B eCommerce platforms. Many of my client’s solutions are customer facing, but they also develop in-house solutions to support our EDI, Sales, Finance, Warehouse, Purchasing and Customer Services teams. The Web Team provides services to other companies within the group so collaboration with and occasional travel to other sites (including overseas) may be required.
Web Developer Essential Skills
- PHP5.6+ and PHP7
- Symphony 3.0+
- MySQL / MariaDB
- Version Control using Git
AJAX. Yii2 PHP Framework. Version Control using Subversion. XML, SOAP Web Services. Bootstrap CSS framework
Web Developer will have at least 3 years proven hands-on working experience in
eCommerce and Marketing Web solutions. Frontend Web Solutions. Backend Web Solutions. Relational Database Design. Symphony PHP Framework. Yii2 a bonus. Bootstrap3 or similar Responsive CSS Framework. Development and consumption of RESTful APIs
Web Developer will have some experience of the following would be an advantage
Wordpress CMS and WooCommerce. Outsystems Low Code Platform. Scrum / Kanban Agile approach. JIRA. Confluence
The role requires the successful candidate to
- Be responsible for all phases of the software lifecycle.
- Take ownership of solutions from inception, through to delivery, maintenance and decommissioning.
- Contribute to several concurrent projects.
- Develop high quality code as required by the Web Development Manager and Solutions Architect.
- Support operations, performing bug-fixes, enhancements and maintenance as required.
- Learn and familiarise themselves with existing code and platforms and take ownership.
- Deliver solutions within agreed timescales
- Adhere to development policies
- Develop compliant solutions at all times