Our client are one of the largest independent providers of repair and maintenance services for electrical and mechanical rotating equipment across the UK. With an increased volume of work due to a large agreement being confirmed with one of their clients; they are looking to build upon their established Glasgow rewinds team with another member who can provide Three Phase AC electrical motor rewind skills.
The ideal candidate should be from a motor based background and it would also be beneficial for them to have knowledge of pump operations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Dismantle, rewind, reassemble and testing of electrical components
- Site visits to remove/install equipment
- Inspection and documentation of incoming products to set procedures
- Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding
- Renew worn or damaged parts
- Operate specialised repair and testing equipment.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE TECHNICAL BACKGROUND
- Stripping and rewinding of electrical motors and other rotating equipment
- apprentice or degree
- Experience in electrical engineering, focusing on electrical rotating and static equipment
- Previous experience of dismantling, rewinding, assembling and testing of electro-mechanical rotating equipment